Friday 11 November 2011

2 Minute Silence







It is politicians that send men and now women to war I hope for the day when mankind can live in peace, although sadly do not expect it to be in my lifetime. I have friends from all over the world and met and liked Germans whilst serving there in the 1970’s with the Royal Irish Rangers and did battle exercises with the French, the American’s and Canadians to name but a few. I have as a kitchen salesman gone in to the homes of Jews, Asians, Blacks and of course Brits and some made me feel very welcome some made me feel like an alian but what I have learned is that even within my own family I will never agree with everything they do but even with someone I would consider a natural enemy we have things in common and with a bit of effort can get along, we all need to learn to compromise and then maybe, just maybe we can all learn to live together.

No comments:

Post a Comment