Monday 8 March 2010

The future, Eddie Izzard and the begging bowl


Having lost a very dear friend to cancer only last year, as well as my own mother at the very young age of 48, I hope to one day be in the situation where I can set up fund raising for my 4 favourite causes, Cancer research hopefully linked to Terry Fox, a children sports and education charity, a charity to support military personnel (Remembering that a coalition force has been active in recent conflicts i.e. Iraq and Afghanistan) and the Environment, Indigenous people and animals. At this moment in time I am concentrating on the last one and will attempt to run through the Amazon rainforest.

I watched part 1 of Eddie Izzard marathon run for Sports Relief and thought it very entertaining and take my hat off to the guy, I am planning to do things totally different, I have completed 3 weeks of training and anticipate many more ahead before my trainee sets foot on Amazonian soil, I will also be up at the crack of dawn to complete my marathons before the sun gets too strong and intend to go at a comfortable pace but plan to get the daily run over and done with, the thought of being on my feet for between 8-10 hours a day give me no pleasure.


Today is the day I start with the begging bowl and the thought horrifies me, my one consolation is the money is not for me but a very worthwhile cause so here goes, will people support me or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment