Monday 26 April 2010

London Marathon




Well done to everyone who attempted and especially those that finished the London Marathon yesterday.

Millions of pounds will be raised from celebrities and ordinary people putting those trainees on and putting one foot in front of the other, it is very important and up lifting to have the support of the crowd, how I wish I had that luxury next year when I am traipsing through the Amazon.

I remember when I used to rum Marathons regular in the 80's (well I ran about 10) and when I ran the first few I ran at the same pace as good old Jimmy Saville and I remember how excited the crowd got but I soon got fed up and decided to run ahead of him so that when the crowd did cheer I stood a chance of it being for me, especially as I used to wear a red headband and some times people would shout things like 'Come on John' or 'well done McEnroe'.

No comments:

Post a Comment